Oh you'd better watch out...

Remember this guy?





I made this guy a few years back simply because I had a spare Black Reach warboss lying around and, having painted two, wanted to do something different with the third. Plus I had a snow based Ork army, so I felt he'd fit in nicely. He is very popular with those who see him (I do tend to get him out more at this time of year) and he even made an appearance on bols for my wargaming fifteen minutes...

Anyway, a couple weeks back a staff member at my local games workshop decided he didn't want his Ork bikers (he wants his fast attack slots for dakkajets and deffkoptas, to each their own) and he passed them on to me. Now as I have Wazzdakka Gutsmek the most sensible thing for me to do would be to expand my warbiker force. Instead of one squad of 11 plus Wazzdakka I could run 2 squads of ten, or even just max out his squad size and perhaps make some of those dreaded Nob Bikers that I have always refused to use (but won't be as bad now that wound allocation shenanigans are pretty much gone) Then an idea struck me...

I have converted up the little beauty below, so that the big man above now has a ride.


I've also drawn up an apoc data sheet for it. It's going to count as a warboss on a chariot, with a few funky fun rules thrown in. With an apoc game coming up at the end of the month, I don't want to spoil the surprise for my fellow gamers. Rest assured, I am talking to fellow blogger Ken to make sure it remains well balanced, and I think you'll enjoy having the model on the table, particularly if I can get it painted up in time.

I will post the datasheet and the finished pictures on this blog before the year is out. In the meantime, feel free to play "Guess the bitz" or at the very least how many different bitzboxes I raided to make this bad boy. Ork bikers is a given...

Comments

Popular Posts