More Hobby Space

Some of you may be aware, most probably not, I live with a couple friends in a flatshare. Recently one of those friends moved out, someone else moved in, but in between that I took the opportunity to move to the bigger room.

I hadn't set foot in that room since we first moved things into the flat about 2 years ago... I hoped there *might* be enough room to maybe squeeze a gaming table at one end...

I was not disappointed.


This is the view standing a couple feet from the bed behind me. Out of shot on the left are 2 drawer units and a wardrobe for clothes etc. All the functional stuff of a normal bedroom.


I then have my desk/shelves storage drawers I had in my previous room...


The display shelves had also been in the previous room, but this time I have my orks on them rather than the previous eclectic collection of stuff/projects


I also have room for this card table, that I have always wanted to transform into a bloodbowl stadium, but for most of my time here it has been permanently covered in ongoing hobby projects and random tat...

The bar stools are a new addition, as I had the space...


Shelving that, again, in the old room had been covered in items I have now boxed up neatly and put under the massive gaming table at the top end of the room, clearing up so much shelf space to put models on.


The gaming table itself... the pics I still have to hang on the wall, I'm not completely finished settling into this room, but there is enough scenery in that big box to cover this 6x4 board. And as mentioned earlier, the random tat and projects that used to occupy all my shelf space is now tidily packed away beneath this table.


Finally in the corner I have a four shelf library of codices, rulebooks and campaign books. It's nice to finally get them all in one place, and within easy reach of the gaming table too.

Now I will say, the gap either side of the gaming table is a little tight... you can't sit on the stool facing the table. But you can stand watching over your battle and you can step to the side and take a seat to rest your legs, sitting side on watching the game unfold. There's a little bit of table leftover for drinks, dice, cards etc. And there is a large space between the gaming table and the card table for army cases to be left open for easy access.

So all in all I'm quite pleased with the place. Of course ideally I'd have this as a setup in a spare room in a place of my own, but that's bloody expensive and flat sharing saves me lots of money that I can spend on more toys, and it suits my life at the moment so I'm gonna roll with it. Still, always nice to have a little more space...

Next project, the guy who left took his crappy old sofas with him, and those of us who remain plan to replace them rather differently... we reckon we'll have space in the corner of our exceptionally large living room (the normal place I throw a gaming table up as and when but nice to not have the hassle of putting up and packing away) to build a bar... watch this space...

Comments

  1. So when can I come down for a gaming night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing you'd want it to be a weekend? I'd have to book a weekend off work...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts