Rule, Orktania...

So being miles ahead in the CATCH challenge and having other things to paint before the beginning of June, I have switched my painting focus for the moment onto project:danger zone. I need to complete two battlewagons, a truk, 10 grots, 20 flashgitz, kaptin badrukk a display board and hopefully a display carrier by the first weekend in June, so had better crack on with it all really...

On the bright side, all of it apart from the carrier is built, and the carrier isn't strictly necessary for the tournaments, I just want it cos it's cool...

So here we are with my first completed Battlewagon.


There are tracks underneath, so she can traverse land, but looks far more the part at sea...


This is Cougar, although there was no way I was good enough to get his name on his hat, so had to settle for a couple of vague flicks in the right colours. Incidentally, I have also called my car Cougar... it's the first car I've ever liked enough to name, it's an old jag. She may be old, but she's still sexy and goes like the clappers... hence, Cougar.


I have my port and starboard lights affixed, but in true orky fashion half the lights are on a rotatable turret, just for the added confusion...


I think I need to photoshop in this breaking through a bow wave or something here like all the royal navy posters show...


So there we are. One of two. I probably won't post about the other as I expect it to be very similar in look.

I did consider doing dazzle camoflague on them, and may in fact revisit that idea at some point, but for now they are painted to a good tabletop standard, and I have other things to be getting on with...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts