A Side Project...

A somewhat wacky side project if you will...

So my friend Ken has invited me to a doubles tournament next June, I thought I'd give it a try, I'm not generally a big fan of the tournament scene but he says that he has mostly avoided bad experiences there... mostly. Feels even more ominous when you read it in newts voice... anywho...

I'm in, so wanted to do something silly, so that even if we do come across the kind of horrible person you hear about in tournament horror stories, we can just prat around and watch them get annoyed that we don't care about them tabling us, cos I'll be being silly (I once took an Ork navy to a tournament and any time they blew up my fleet based transports I would throw polos onto the battlefield as life rings for the survivors...)

So kens half will be a firebase of spectators, watching my speed freaks list do their thing. SO here is my list, along with an example of the colour scheme I am aiming for. Please note, I don't plan to do mega conversions for this one, it's mostly a colour scheme homage, hopefully the new models will speak for themselves, although I plan to convert a couple of the vehicles (the truk and battlewagon I already have many basic ones of)

It will be an Evil Sunz list, the HQ choice will take the Evil Sunz warlord trait, and the shiny gubbin will be the evil suns shiny gubbin of redder armour and will go to the nob with waaagh banner. It will form an outrider detachment.

Starting at an odd place in the list, fast attack... the inspiration that started the idea, the shokkjump dragsta. Simply because it can teleport through the warp ahead of it's opponents, or, as white dwarf put it, it cheats. Now who do I know of that is a very cheaty racing driver?


The rest of the Fast attack field are...

A kustom Boosta Blasta


Boomdakka Snazzwagon

either


or

A megatrakk scrapjet, that just had to be...


I mean, the guy even has an orks target acquired grin...


a rukkatruk squigbuggy


These will all be lead by the obvious choice of a Deffkilla Wartrike, which has a good profile to match the shape of...


There will be a squad of 12 grots in a truk to represent...

a few too many grots but hopefully no one minds, I had the spare points and a minimum squad size to contend with. I do plan some conversion work for the truk for this one.

I also have a bonebreaka with killkannon (plus a couple big shootas and grot riggers) which I do plan to convert to look more like this bad boy...


Finally there'll be a nob with waagh banner, he'll ride the bonebreaka at first and then when everyone is getting stuck in he'll go out and start waving his black and white chequered banner around to see if it inspires everyone to greater efforts.

this does leave a couple noticeable absences, whoever loses in the battle for the boomdakka snazzwagon spot, along with pat pending and the slag brothers... but between the scenery from speed freaks and just grabbing a simple rock on the table I'm pretty sure I can rustle up some scenery for a display board at least to represent those who didn't make the final cut...

SO that's the plan, I have till July to do it, and already either have or have ordered all the models I need, with the exception of needing a couple more grots that I probably have in bitzboxes somewhere, or better yet finding a third party miniature company that could do me a better representation of the ant hill mob...

Oh, and even better news, when this project is over the eclectic mix of paint jobs can find a home racing around the speed freaks game I picked up. Sorted!

Comments

  1. Dude. That is an awesome project! I look forward to seeing how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts