Cold Blooded Kickers

 A few years back when Blood Bowl was fresh released and we were in the midst of our first season, I was heady with enthusiasm. I was building a goblin team perhaps for the second season (though given I went on to win the first season I used my orks for the second given I felt it would be rude for the Champions not to turn up to defend their title) and even went so far as to eyeing up a lizard team for the next season. Of course at the time there was no official lizard team so I sourced what I could online. I was fairly happy with the models I had accumulated, but by then our second season fizzled out after only a few games (too many dropped out of the league after only a game or two) and we didn't look at it again.

Until recently. Where I am now participating in a bloodbowl league at a FLGS whilst also planning an in-house one for a few friends. However as there are only a few of us, we have decided to enter two teams each (with the result of the match between single owner teams recorded secretly at the start of the season) in order to ensure more games are played. 2 teams each means each manager will play 6 games with each team. 12 games seems a nice amount for a bloodbowl season, without there being too much repetition. 

So am I taking the lizards? No.

You see I wanted the lizards because 6 STR 4 players and a big guy appealed to me. And now there are Black Orcs. So I'm running Orcs at the FLGS, and Black Orcs and Goblins against my friends.

But as one of my buddies needs a second team and is working on a budget I offered him a loan (have these lizards and the humans from both starter sets going spare) and more for my own enjoyment when playing than his, I've painted them up. Kept things simple as I wanted to get it done quickly, and have made it bloody obvious which models are which in the colouring. Can't say fairer than that.






Oh and there's an apothecary, owner/coaches, and some cheerleaders. I like to decorate my teams in full.

Comments

Popular Posts