Spartans! What is your profession?

I bring my quiet interlude to an end with a post relating to this little project - an update in fact. As for why I have been absent, well a double dose of illness has kept me fairly quiet of late (viral flu like infection, and just as I was getting better, tonsilitis decided to kick me while I was down) but hopefully the blog will see a bit more activity over the next few weeks in the run up to THAT EVENT WHICH SHALL NOT BE NAMED (until about 3 days before it, which I think is probably the acceptable date for shops to start selling IT, though of course they don't listen to me, they start in August... I digress)

I have painted the two counts as land speeders, and have also done the marine squad, sanguinary priest and chaplain. All I have left to do is paint the counts as razorback, and model a power sword/crozius for the squad sergeant and the chaplain respectively. Hoping to get it done before THE EVENT which would be way ahead of schedule, given the target tournament I'm painting for is late Jan early Feb. It just means I have time to give my team mate a ribbing for not having done his yet (though I do believe he has now finished his army list... :oS)

Anyway, a few pics for your perusal.






Hope you enjoyed those, keep an eye out for my counts as razorback... my teammate and I did have something in mind for this, but he may have just found something else he wants to use instead - which is slightly annoying but if it looks better I'll be happier in the long run.

Anyway, tonight I go to my club for my second ever game of spearhead... let's hope it goes better than my first (Ork army bangs it's collective head against unkillable Baneblade while Stompa turns up on turn 5...)

Comments

  1. And oh yes, I do still have to base these models :oP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good, I still got a lot of work to do on my army (like all of it). But should be able to get loads of it done over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Bracknell have put the tournament as being Feb 2011 so you've got some time yet... As soon as they put up the exact date/info pack I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. where did you get the spartan heads for your marines they look awesome i would love to make a chaos squad with thos on and use some marauder arms so they look primative ape like

    ReplyDelete
  5. From Pig Iron Productions...

    http://www.pig-iron-productions.com/hd15-system-trooper-head-sprues-p-47.html

    It's an interesting range but what I like best is you can just buy packets of heads, like the link above. Great for conversions :oP

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks looks like will get the heavy masks down ones as they look quite mean and am thinking the wardroids with bit o green stuff and head and weapon swap would be nice cheap way of doing some oblitirators

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts