A Year In Statistics...

I did this last year so I'll do it again...

Firstly, a quick recap of 2010. Played 75 games, won more than half. Seriously let down by my fantasy gaming, where I got most of my losses. Rich Hall was my nemesis beating me 11 of 14, Nige I only played 4 times (2 wins a loss and a draw) while poor Ken had a miserable year against me, regularly being on the receiving end of a beating by my shiny new guard codex.

So, what does 2011 have for me? Well, a couple extra games (77) and while I didn't get quite as many wins and a few more losses, I still had a fairly healthy WDL ratio of 37/11/29

Again it was fantasy that let me down. 40k my stats are 30/10/16. Fantasy is 7/1/13. Not good, and with an upcoming Blood in the Badlands campaign I either have to break my duck or expect a large black mark at the start of my stats for next year...

Against friends, well Neil it seems we played exactly the same game - 2/1/1 in my favour again. I think this is because half the time I play Neil we end up playing Space Hulk or Dreadfleet or Risk or some other game I don't keep stats for. We do game more than once a quarter I know we do! :oP Rich I managed to draw back into something more manageable, accrueing an even spread of 4/1/4 against. Ken meanwhile seriously turned things around, getting 8 wins and 3 losses out of 11 games against me! Quite the turnaround from last year!

I also this year looked at how I did competitively, and while I'm not a competitive gamer I am pleased to say I made a respectable mid table showing of 9 wins, 4 draws and 8 losses. I don't expect to grace the winners circle anytime soon, but if I can keep picking up best army awards I'll be more than happy :oD

And finally, to a few of my favourite armies of the year. Orks were again a strong choice for me, despite recent coverage on bols on what needs to be done to "fix" the codex. Well this second rate codex got me 13 wins, 3 draws and 5 losses. And I gotta admit one of those losses at least was in a tournament where, realising that win lose or draw I was mid table at best/worst I went hell for leather screw the objective in true orky fashion and had a blast. Reading my opponents blog after the event he described it as the best game he's had all year, so a loss it may be but a good one all the same.

Guard served me relatively rarely, only 6/2/3 for the guard... but then that is because I chose to count my random theme army of Star Wars Guard seperately. I got in a fair few games with these nutcases and did better than I expected... 8 wins, 4 draws and 9 losses. They put the percentage of my guard games up but drag their win ratio down unfairly, so I'll be recording them seperately whenever I break them out in future.

One stat I'm glad still stands... I am still undefeated in guard vs guard. Though I am getting increasingly nervous about it, and have noticed that when I am challenged to guard vs guard I really bring my A game in defence of that statistic. I'm a lot more easy going with any other army, or Guard vs any other army, but guard vs guard makes me sit up and pay attention.

Anyway, with 2012 and a warhammer campaign on the horizon, expect me to break out the orks a bit more to try to rescue my yearly average from the damage my forays with the Empire (both Sigmars and Galactic) will do to it!

Happy New Year to you all

Ginge

Comments

  1. Yeah, glad I managed to improve on last years performance. Most likely due to our tournament matchs and practice games. hopefully improve next year when I get my new codexes. Unlikely though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts