CATCH 8: Finished Phase 1, plans for Phase two, and an introduction...

So, first off I have finished all of the models required for this months CATCH. I finished the 30 strong squad of boyz last night, and squad Betty is ready to rock!


They have a very quick and simple colour scheme, and while it is a little flat it will be lost in the completed army anyway, as I have bigger better conversions to come... the basic troopers will be lost in the haze anyway, so why spend too much effort and agony on them?


I mean, they aren't bad, they're just a basic tabletop standard. These boyz will join the Big Mek and grots...


And of course the commandos...


So, what does phase 2 have in store? I have decided for phase 2 I shall bring in the other named character of this phase, my Warboss Fred. As I had already divided my force into 500 point blocks, that means that next phase I shall be painting the following...

Warboss Fred, cybork body, Bosspole, Headwhoppas Killchoppa - 90

3 Meganoz, all armed with killsaws, 1 bosspole - 155
ded tran truk, boarding plank, rokkit - 50

3 Meganoz, all armed with killsaws, 1 bosspole - 155
ded tran truk, boarding plank, rokkit - 50

And that's phase 2. A total of 2 vehicles and 7 infantry. Should be somewhat easier than phase 1. I have converted warboss Fred and have beside me all the boxes and bits I need to convert the rest, which should keep me busy for the rest of January.

And finally, a quick broadcast from the iic...

With a growing tribe around him and frequent co-operation with the sky warriors tribe, the ork presence around Barney has been growing, but we were still no closer to finding Fred, despite all our attempts to locate him. Could he have fallen victim to some foul creature, or freak accident? We dearly hoped not. The entire production team had always adored Fred, although there are of course risks to raising wild animals in captivity. For instance, the rudimentary communication skills of orks, which includes the legendary "Waagh" Fred has never learned, for he grew up with humans. When challenging his brother for dominance he would utter his own form of gibberish. We had hoped that dropping him into an ork society he would learn from them.

However, we dropped them into young societies so they wouldn't get eaten alive, and would have a chance to rise to dominance. This dominant position did not factor into our thinking when we considered who would learn a language from who.

As such, we heard a trembling through the trees. It sounded like great beasts were approaching. Then our camera equipment all started getting intolerable interference, we couldn't film anything... thus we have no footage, as two lumbering beasts entered the clearing, carrying some of the biggest orks I have seen, wearing rudimentary suits of armour. Amongst them stood Fred, carrying what has to be the biggest axe I have ever seen in my life. I don't know where he got it from, but from the ringing in my ears it is clearly not of this world, and is probably what is playing merry hell with our technical equipment. Around him, the tribes stood in rapt wonder, as Fred announced his presence, and confirmed his dominance. He held his axe aloft, and to the stars, issued his warcry. The jungle vibrated to the sound, as several tribes of orks took voice, and joined in with the chant. We slipped away to a safe distance, as the hills echoed to the sound of "YABBA DABBA DOOOOO!"

Comments

  1. I do love the documentary. And the Rhino disguise. Epic !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I decided after my Grot Revolution I couldn't really carry on with the same character that had carried me through my other Tales, and I needed a new point of view for a narrative, and this occurred to me. It's a pleasure to write and I'm glad that people have been enjoying reading it :)

      And the rhino I saw online so I can't claim original content for that one, but it was such a good idea I had to have a go too :P

      Delete
  2. Ginge, I love that Rhino Kommando squad too, and those Boyz are perfectly acceptable mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole lot might look better with a snazzier basing scheme, I just haven't quite decided what to do for that yet, so just put an aggrellan earth coat on and will do some test bases at some point, then batch paint the lot. Might make them look a little less bland... :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts