The Heart Wants What It Wants...

I had planned to start the new year with a Tale, a Tale of Tzeentch, and whilst that Tale has been postponed I pressed on with the Tzeentch stuff anyway, as I had been waiting a while to start it and didn't want to lose focus now, and have them go the way of my skitarii force. What skitarii I hear you ask? I don't recall seeing those mentioned on the blog much... precisely. Though they are at least now reinforcements for the army of a friend, so not a total loss...

However, it took just the slightest, barest touch, to knock my thoughts off Tzeentch, and back onto the greenskins. Godamnit as if I didn't have enough of those things already. I started the tzeentch project precisely to take a break from the greenskins, doing brightly coloured daemons about as far as I could throw myself from the orkish ways.

Even this blog is poorly named now. I started it as a guard player, a developing treadhead who had started on Catachan but oh so SO loved tanks... so my army hopped between origins, sometimes a catachan force and sometimes a normal guard force, just so I could use those precious precious metal boxes... now I was always an odd guard player to begin with, sending my men running sreaming headlong towards the enemy. They had their moments. My friend Ken once said he lost a hive tyrant to my guardsmen in combat due to the sheer elements of surprise... the big creature was so befuddled by food running towards it's maw that it overindulged and choked to death. But I certainly never fit the style of a guard amry, and thus it was such a natural fit when I thought "hey my first tale of four gamers, I'll give Orks a try..."

Now I have easily 10,000 points of painted orks on a shelf next to me spread across five tribes... as I lament my lack of progress on a tzeentch force in my guard blog. All because the beat of the warboyz drum is distracting me once more...

So apologies for the lack of posts of late, I have been... distracted. THe projects I had lined up to paint and blog about have had barely any time spent on them as I have frantically searched online for the materials for yet another orky project. yet another ludicrous idea that is fundamentally crazy and probably a little dangerous. But I think now it's just in my nature.

WAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts