Updates; Tale and Side Project...

So, an update to our ongoing Tale of Four Gamers scores...

At the end of phase one the scores were as follows

Rob - 22%
Ginge - 16%
Ken - 9%
Chris - 0%

Since then, I managed to paint, game, and blog some narrative all on time, earning me 16 again. I still haven't picked up any extra points but I know they are available.

Rob got a game in and painted his stuff on time for 10.

Ken painted his stuff in time for the late deadline for 3.

And Chris is still playing catchup, leaving us with scores at the end of phase two of

Rob - 32%
Ginge - 32%
Ken - 12%
Chris - 0%

So we are halfway through the challenge, I haven't dropped a single point yet, and have only scored 32... which means there is a maximum score of 68 over the next two remaining periods once all the optional extras are factored in, so plenty still to aim for and the challenge is by no means over.

My next phase of painting will be about 50 boyz (So I can run two squads of 30) some more Nobz and a weirdboy. My planned phase 4 will be yet more boyz (about 30 more) plus some mekguns and a nob with waagh banner. this is all undercoated and ready to paint. If time allows between the tale completion date and the finale game, I'd like to maybe squeeze in a gorkanaut/morkanaut but no promises on that yet. This will give me a large ork horde with metal walker support. Once I have the weirdboy painted up I shall write this months narrative step, detailing my game last month against Rob and adding in a new character to my narrative.

FInally, an update to my side project of Wacky Races... I have built a converted Truk for my Ant Hill Mob to ride in, and sourced a nice Ant Hill mob.







I picked up a squad of gangster thugs from Old Glory miniatures. These guys are 25mm so a little tall for grots, but smaller than guardsmen or orks so should work fine, especially in a vehicle based army, who will notice? I'll paint them up similar to the ant hill mob, but with green skin of course.


With all the other vehicles and the nob with waaagh banner built I have only to convert the army surplus special, however I am still waiting for a Battlewagon to come into stock that I ordered. For some reason everyone wants Orks now... I was looking through GW website the other day to price check something and about two thirds of the Ork range was temporarily unavailable online. Bloody bandwagon jumpers making life hard for us dedicated fans! They should give long term purchasers of a set faction dibs on further releases for that faction!

Anyway, no rush, the tournament isn't till June and I have plenty to occupy me in the meantime...

Comments

  1. Ha ha, love the ant hill mob and transport!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite pleased with the find, and happy with how the conversion came out. Little annoyed I couldn't find something to make running boards for it but felt they would stick out too far and break off far too easily. The spare tyres are risky enough...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts