Finally... Ghaz

So lockdown went into effect just as I'd finished my pile of shame, running out of spray undercoat, key colours like red and black and critically nuln oil, and at the point my brushes were so worn I could get better coverage with a plucked eyelash... suffice to say, I have done bugger all painting all of lockdown. Thank Christ I got a job in Tesco to pass the time otherwise I would have gone insane...

Anyway, shops opened Monday. So I went to the shop and got some paints and brushes. I then painted a couple Necromunda gangs that had been on my paint table longer (commission for a friend) and then set to Ghaz.



I'm really pleased with this model, think he's come out really well. I used the nobs from his set and converted them to meganobs, using the actual meganobs as big mek with kff (for several tribes as I think the one without mega armour will soon be legended out. I did want to bulk my nobs out to be bigger than meganobs normally are but it didn't quite work as well as I'd hoped, however a recent conversion I saw online has inspired me to give it another shot with a different base model. So those nobs may end up being nobs again after all.


I enjoyed painting the girls more than the goliaths, I think it was the hair making a cool spot colour for them. He'd named them all after poisonous plants so I suggested making the hair the colour of the flower of said plants. He liked the idea and gave me the go ahead and I think it turned out really well.

The goliath are named for characters from predator, and he wanted a similar colour scheme to the Ork army I did for him, so some splashes of blue. They're ok, but I enjoyed painting the girls far more.

So on the painting table are nobs/meganobs, big mek, makari... and 50 easy to build guardsmen. I noticed my cadians had way too many heavy/special weapons and not enough basic troopers, this is the quick easy way to rectify that ratio.

On the converting table... a couple shokjump dragsta and soon some models to convert into Ghaz retinue sized meganobs...

Comments

Popular Posts