Crusade Test: Dredd Pirate Robertz

 I  started the crusade with a mostly painted force from a previous project, but have finally got paint on a fresh model made specifically for this - The Warboss Dredd Pirate Robertz.

I've now played six crusade games (won 3 lost 3 I can live with that so far) and have expanded my roster to 75 points, adding in some Boyz, grots, and a couple more characters.

I do have some of the new deffkoptas, and they came with such wonderful scenic bases it made me rethink my plan for an entirely ocean bound force. They were too pretty to try to remove or hide, so the new plan is vehicles in the water, some of the infantry (flash gits) on deck, so battleship grey bases, and the rest of the infantry on the beach. Hence this shoreline warboss.


An interesting thing about crusade is you can give other characters warlord traits and relics (though you will add crusade points to your army for doing so, which gives extra Command Points to your opponent) You only have one warlord as always but others can have traits (and only count for the trait not for the game or anything else) but you can't have the same trait or relic twice on your roster. This means that yes, you can run the obvious brutal but kunnin mega killy machine as seems to be doing the rounds on the internet... but you can also explore some other combinations that wouldn't see the light of day if you HAD to take the best possible options. Plus the ability to add crusade relics on top of normal relics can start to make for some fun combos.


Dredd Pirate Roberts is a freebootaz warboss, with Da Killa Reputation. He also has the Ded Shiny Shoota, in case it wasn't obvious, and an attack squig. He hasn't earned any further upgrades yet but we'll see how we get on. He'll be handy for leading the assault and hopefully scaring the enemy off whatever bit of loot I want to take. I do have a plan for a nob with waagh banner equipped with the bad skull banner to combo up nicely with this guy for getting opponents off objectives. Also, as that nob can have a warlord trait, I'm gonna give him a Big Gob to increase the range of his aura abilities. Quite a nice potential combo I think, though I haven't got room on the roster for him yet.


Meanwhile, my Big Mek who is the waaaaghboss of the overall crusade (though because of the warboss higher leadership he can't be my warlord in game) has proven to be increasingly tenacious. He's now gone up two levels, giving him an extra 2 wounds from the Might Makes Right ability. He also took a Crusade Relic for an extra Wound and +1 armour save. (Putting him on 3+) He has a normal relic granting him a 4++ save and halves Damage from wounds taken. He then has a 5+++ save against any wounds taken from a Crusade Relic (that also grants +1 str for what it's worth) Finally his warlord trait makes him -1 to wound. Plop him in some cover and he's incredibly tenacious, and for his next upgrade I have my eye on a bit of tech that will make him even MORE durable. Kommanda BadArma is not one you bet against.


Unless you're a little Succubus who has 10 attacks throwing out 2 mortal wounds per 6 rest of the hits (on 2s re rolling a single miss) wounding on 2s (again rerolling a single failure) and -3 AP doing 2 damage each... that bitch just chews through you with the sheer amount of mortal wounds she throws at you. Wiped an entire unit of flash gitz on the charge too, little sod... 

Finally, I have a weirdboy with Scorched Gitbones who I plan to give the copper skullcap to if he levels up enough.


Comments

Popular Posts