More Dakka!

A slack week at work allowed me to get some painting time in, and I have been quite industrious...

First up, some more Dakka for my Bad Moons, a Mekboy Junka with deffrolla, shok attack gun and three rokkits. I built this for a "Tank Race" at my local GW, my plan was to be Dick Dastardly. Ignore the racing, just hang back and shoot the leader and hope for the 1 in 36 chance that I teleport into him! Didn't happen in the end, though to be fair with only 4 entrants it was a bit of a bust anyway - the winner being a dread that didn't make it more than a quarter the way up the field despite being allowed the same movement allowance as everyone else, for the simple fact that he died last...


And to add to that I also have the finished vehicles for my FLuffageddon force... in the same week that it is announced that Fluffageddon has been cancelled/postponed for one year. Ah. Oh well, at least it's ready for next time...


 I have also built a bit of scenery that I hope to get painted maybe by the end of the week, and undercoated the last of the stuff to add to my Bad Moons (A vehicle that is sort of between the size of a truk and a battlewagon, so I use it as whichever I need that day... 4 Nob bikers and a Painboy on bike, and a grot I missed)

I might also try to do a few more test models for a Deffskulls project... I did a model, which I liked, but it was using the same basic techniques as the Bad Moons. After seeing how quickly I can paint my guard, I want my next Ork army to be just as quick and easy... and the skin on my bad moons was not. Base, wash, drybrush, highlight... I want it to be as quick as my guard, which was base, wash, then one or two highlights at most... Then I can smash through the couple hundred infantry I have to do, and maybe take some more time over the vehicles. I liked the salt weathering I used on the Bad Moons, but I want to try the GW technical paints out a bit more, see if that can produce an effect I like also.

Comments

Popular Posts