Bad Moons Home Turf

Well, I say home... it's gonna be more of an occupied Imperial world, presumably former mechanicum, as the bit I am building has a refinery and some ruined hab-blocks for the workers.

Today I laid out the board so I could get a rough idea of how many ruined buildings I wanted, the rest going to go to my wargames club (ideally we'll paint them at some point, but my hobby time is going towards my scenery first, and there's no point having the buildings sat in a box doing nothing while they wait for me)

Below are some pics of the scenery that has just been added to my hobby desk... what started as a fun little "hmm one or two scenery pieces to match that army I just finished before I start my next army, that should be a fun little project" is now a full gaming table with a hell of a lot of scenery density, presumably to give me a wealth of deployment options. I also have an orky aegies defence line and quad gun coming, although whether I add that to this list or paint it up in the next army projects colours remains to be seen...









And yes, there is a second stargate. That shall be painted in my Evil Sunz colours, and I am brushing up some rules for a big game scenario that could make use of those gates...

Comments

  1. Oh, and the barracks, watch towers and landing pad will have more to them, I'm just spraying the armour plates a different base colour to the structural skeleton of those buildings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent collection. Love the noddin' donkeys. Looking forward to seeing your progress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noddin' Donkeys, never heard that but that's a cracking name for them...

      Delete
  3. Are those pump jacks scratch-built?

    Great looking stuff so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up all of this wooden scenery off ebay, laser cut wood. There's quite a range on there, and if you shop around you can find it fairly cheap for the quality. All I've done is assemble the stuff, and fiddle with the stargate a little. Yeah, Stompa assembly is obvious, and the promethium pipes are B&Qs finest, but the majority of the scenery is straight off ebay.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts