The Grand Muster: Ghaz

So my Bad Moons were originally lead by Ghaz, as it has lots of meganobs in the force. Of course he wasn't technically a Bad Moon, so my force was lead by Galaktika Frakkit who had the same datasheet, so all worked fine. But then the ork codex gave us clan rules. Now don't get me wrong, this is something I wanted for a long time. But it did have a downside. A demotion for my Bad Moons leader to now being just a mega armoured warboss.

To be fair, in this age of Primaris Marines I had been feeling that Ghaz needed beefing up a bit anyway. So I took a space marine dread and added the claws from a defiler and I had my ghaz conversion, painted in HIS clan colours. So he was painted correctly and using the rules of the codex I could technically add him to any army I pleased anyway but... come on, I can't leave him alone surely?

This army was planned to be different from the others. An army entirely on foot. And that's how it was originally built. Of course then speed freaks was released, and the utility of the trike became clear. Adding a trike to my force would get my clanking monstrosities into combat a whole turn sooner, that HAD to be worth doing. And as I was adding one thing with wheels, well I'd converted a couple battle wagons while bored anyway, hadn't decided what clan to add them to so that settled it. The dakkajets I just happened to find in a box of old spare bits - you know you have a warhammer problem when you can "find" dakkajets. Also found three land raiders but will probably add them to another army...





Have to say, that "truck" shaped battle wagon is probably one of my favourite conversions ever. I've had grander conversions before but that turned out pretty much exactly as I'd pictured in my head. That never happens. Before I built them, looking at the conversions of others that provided the inspiration, the train was by far the favourite, the truck a cool side project. The roles were definitely reversed upon completion.

There is just over 3000 points here. Anything to add? Well one model springs to mind for sure! Makari. And go on I may as well paint his sidekick too. Depending on how I get him (pick him up solo or as part of a box set) might vary whether I get some nobz/meganobz too, if I get those will add them to the army also. But other than that no real plans. Although the idea of a squad of super mega nobs (they're ghazs lads, they've gotta be bigger!) is quite appealing.

Comments

Popular Posts