CATCH 12: Warboss Fred and Meganobz

So today I finally managed to sit down with a paintbrush and make a start on this months CATCH stuff, only 11 days into the 4 weeks of the phase... hmm...

But, I did manage to get quite a bit done. This period I am doing a slightly smaller model count than last period, so all should still be fine.

I have painted both squads of meganobz with killsaws (3 per squad) and warboss Fred himself, wielding Headwhoppas Killchoppa. And here they are... I hope you find what I have used to represent the killchoppa suitably subtle given it is an ork army...


So, as you can see above, I took the basic Brutes and while two of the standard weapons had the look of lumberjacks two man saws already and worked perfectly, the others I had to modify a bit by basically cutting other weapons apart to but more blade onto the thing and make it look more feasibly choppy. As I am avoiding power klaws in this army I didn't use the weapon that comes with the brute kit that would represent a power klaw perfectly, but perhaps it'll do for a future project, as I still have four of these guys left.



On the few parts of cloth visible I have given them Freds colours, but I didn't want the entire model to be orange as I felt that would be too much, so have gone with just basic metal colours. The tech level of this society would barely be able to reach knights in armour so there is some logic to this...

And yes, of course, I assume the more interesting model is Fred...


Based on a savage ork warboss, yes that is the head of a bloodthirsters axe he is swinging...


I have painted it to look like the axe has real teeth and that the metal of the axe itself is bleeding, I think this won't phase an ork at all although my film crew will no doubt remark on it in the next Living Galaxy Broadcast, they did already make brief mention of an unpleasant sensation around the thing. It is a shame that Rich and his thousand sons backed out of the challenge, as he is planning to finish his story arc with Magnus being summoned, and I would love to take a swing at him with what is clearly a khornate weapon...


It might be difficult to control ,but suffice to say if he DOES actually hit you, you are gonna feel it...



Comments

  1. Nice work. One comment though, the pictures are extremely dark, makes it very hard to see the work you have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The models themselves are quite dark actually, I took the pictures in a light box setup I have so I can't blame the conditions they were in :P

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts