The Grand Muster: Slow and Purposeful

A few years after I had done my first Ork army, a new codex dropped, along with some fabulous new meganobs kits and mekguns. I'd never been a fan of the old ones and thought the new ones were gorgeous so wanted some but... did static artillery, and infantry with the "slow and purposeful" special rule really fit in with a Speed Freaks army? Not to mention they'd changed all the names of the paints, and I had some new techniques I wanted to try (salt weathering) that would make things look very different... And that Bad Moons colour scheme in the codex does look pretty cool...

I also had a second hand ork army off a friend, so drawing on a good many units from that, I built a second ork tribe.





These guys are probably still my favourite army for a paint scheme I am proud of. Alas it wasn't the quickest and I am reluctant to add much more to the army. If I was planning to take it to a tournament and specifically wanted to run a list that required me to paint more models for it (and for that to be the case this army would already have to have the Lions share of the models for the list) then maybe, just maybe, I might add to it. But I'd be more likely to adapt the list to the army I have than the army I have to the list. So assuming they don't release a Bad Moons special character or a big shiny thing that is particularly associated with Bad Moons, then chances are I won't be adding to the force. Though I am occasionally tempted to copy the necron night scythe dakkajet conversion I've seen around, so maybe. But this army is mostly done I'd say. There is about 3900 in points here, give or take a few.

Comments

Popular Posts