The Tale Begins

So our Tale of Four Gamers begins, just about on time, although we have had a recent change of personnel, which is a bit of a shame as I would have liked to have run the challenge with the original foursome but we just have to do the best we can.

So, as I thoroughly expected, despite having an entire 2000 point tzeentch army bought, a good proportion assembled and undercoated ready to go... I am instead painting Orks again. Something about some releases coming out in the tenth month or something...

May have to replace my Immorkan Joe model...

Now admittedly, the army I have decided to do is a tribe of Goffs, in the hope that the rumoured return of Ghazza with a hopefully new model is true... I've had an idea for doing a footslogging list with lot's of mechanical walkers to back them up for a goff army so now with the release of a game called speed freaks, at least three new ork buggies, and an HQ choice wartrike, now is the perfect time to... oh who am I kidding? I'm starting the Goff tribe, I'll pick up the vehicles to act as scouts, once they're painted black I can roll them into the Fury Road army and I can always pick up another set and paint them red later.

So what am I painting phase 1? Well an Ork starter set seemed as good a place as any to get the ball rolling plus some mek guns cos I had one spare from a previous project, so we're looking at a painboy (53) deffdread with all klaws (149) 3 mek guns with smasha guns and grot crew (123) 10 boys with a pk nob (73) and five nobs (85) with me needing to spend 16 points on wargear for those last guys I know I can spend enough and I think I'll give myself a bit of modelling freedom for that squad.

Expansion beyond that? Well I picked up some spare grots and the mek guns come with plenty bitz so I can probably make another 3 guns from the same kit (managed last time) the only question is do I do the kustom mega blasta because it's the only one I haven't done yet, or do I add a trio of the gloriously orky bubble chuckas into this army as well as the bad moons? But you never know, I may have a codex before I have to make that decision. Obviously any new releases will be rolled into this project upon release, regardless of long term plans for them.I get the feeling I'll end up with a force that isn't quite what I want for a Goff force and further work will have to be done on it, but what the hell I added more to the Speed Freaks and Bad Moons after I finished their respective Tales so might as well let tradition continue.

Finally, yes this is a Tale related Blog Post but I'm posting it before midnight so I'm not going to give myself the points for it... I don't want anyone to accuse me of cheating my way to an early lead!

Comments

  1. OK, that confused me for a bit. I was trying to figure out what all these posts from some blog I'd never heard of were doing on my reading list. Then I actually looked at the titles and realized what had happened.

    Anyhow. Sounds like a good start, and I look forward to watching your progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure if I'd disappear from people's lists so made a backup on the old address as a redirect, but glad the reading list function still links to me :)

      Delete
  2. I’ve arrived from the other side, you know, to keep an eye on you Xenos scum...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing the progress. Are you going to be posting for the other three as well?

    Loving the new blog name, but you seriously hijacked my blog roll! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well two of the others have blogs of their own so their stories I would expect to be mostly appearing there, although I may well steal some highlights and link to them. Our last minute addition is not a blogger so chances are I will make some posts for his work with anything he wishes to say.

      Thanks, was ironically the first name I came up with, then spent another couple weeks trying to beat it and couldn't find anything that was both Ork and geek culture... even if it is trek *shudder*

      Apologies for hijacking the blogroll, although with Orktober approaching I get the feeling I will be increasing my blogpost output pretty soon... :P

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts