Wacky Tourney Review: Shokkjump Dragstas


This vehicle at least has one role with very little other things to distract you. Both guns are strong, and good for tank hunting. It does have a combat upgrade that is not much good for vehicles, but as it only hits on a 4+ anyway it's largely academic. I don't intend to have this in combat.

The shock rifle is interesting, although it's downside of taking mortal wounds on a 1 to hit proved quite deadly to me (I killed my own vehicle twice in 5 games, once in overreach, although at least the other shot hit!) It does have good potential with that +2 to hit. It can hunt tanks, and has good mobility. But it does have one drawback. The shock tunnel.

I'll have to make sure this hasn't been FAQ'd, but the shok tunnel says if you roll a 4+ when advancing, remove the model, deepstrike it, take a mortal wound on a 4+. There is no choice in this. It just says remove. So if I need to advance to contest an objective, only need an extra inch... but roll a 4. I now can't be within 9" of the enemy, which is probably putting me too far out to contest the objective I was aiming for.

Do I want more? I may add one to the speed freaks for the aforementioned reason of completeness. I'd be tempted to put one with my deffskulls as that is a shock heavy army, although as the theme of that army is nicking other vehicles I may have to convert something... that new genestealer buggy may be a good starting point. And I may test one as a bad moon to see if it lives longer. But once again, not in any rush for this...

Comments

  1. The Shok Tunnel has not been FAQed, unfortunately. That jumped out as a major drawback to me as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So can use them for fire support but don't try precision driving the fuckers :P

      Delete
    2. Well, honestly, when have Orks been good at precision ANYTHING? XD

      Delete
    3. Orks will precisely apply a great amount of violence to your face, does that count? :P

      Besides, we're currently discussing a vehicle more accurate than Tau elite choices like crisis suits. An ork vehicle as accurate as a space marine. So maybe we shouldn't write them off completely... :P

      Delete
    4. I would call that more "enthusiastically " than "precisely". I mean, they don't really care if they apply the violence to your face, your torso, or wherever, just so long as they get to swing ;)

      I've actually long maintained that Orks are actually BS4+, but a third of the time, their guns don't work. Regardless, the numerical values are for game balance purposes, not necessarily a representation of their fluff capabilities. Otherwise my Vindicare Assassin would do way, way better!

      Delete
    5. Good point, well made :P

      I've always maintained that Orks shoot with their eyes closed, which is why negative modifiers shouldn't apply to them, and why I love them automatically hitting on a 6. There is no aiming involved, but when they do hit from blind luck, they get enthusiastic and fire another shot... which is as unlikely to hit as the first, but you never know...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts